Saturday, 23 September 2017
September Mixed Media Tag #3 ...
Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. The months are really shooting by at the moment, well it feels like that to me, lol. So I have been playing with my mixed media supplies again and this time I used lots of acrylics mediums on the background and I really love the end result …
I am so happy with the end result and you can see the depth
All the yummy details
It's a small stamp but it is very versatile
I think this is becoming my most often used butterfly stamp lol!
A final look
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
A Inky Mess Challenge #13 Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations Challenge #280 Seasonal: Autumn
MMW#29 Anything Goes
Scrapy Land Challenge #74 Anything Goes
I used Crafters Companion and Spellbinders dies
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Shimmer & Shine
I have lots of glitter glue added to my stamped elements that can’t sadly be seen
The Artistic Stamper Challenge Take a Little Colour
Here is a quick how I created it:
1. I grabbed a new piece of A4 white card and added a blob of white gesso to it and using my brayer I made sure it was as even as possible. I dried it with my heat tool.
2. I attached the stencil to my piece of card and applied DecoArt Sand Texture Paste. I did this on both sides of the card and left it to dry overnight.
3. The next day I went through my bag of coloured snippets and found a piece that was large enough to cut two circles from. I then cut another circle this time using a green coloured piece.
4. I used one of my little Hero Arts stamps and inked it up with my Distress Oxide ink pad and stamped the seed heads.
5. I then started to colour the tag. I’m not sure what colours I used but I love how the shades of brown and pink have blended to create that beautiful coloured background.
6. Another dip into the snippets bag and I found the lilac velvet paper and a piece of red/orange coloured card that I stamped the Prima butterfly using Versafine ink pad.
7. I die cut the beautiful frame from velvet paper and attached that to my tag.
8. I glued the die cut and stamped circles onto my tag and used my Distress Stickles to add detail to the seed heads and the circles on my butterfly.
9. I tied a bow with burlap ribbon and attached that and the Prima butterfly to my tag!
It appears my stubborness for forcing myself to learn about and use acrylic paints and acrylic mediums is starting to improve my understanding of these products. I know that acrylic paints will never be an easy for me, but there are reasons for that and I understand them. I have used either or both inks or watercolours exclusively for over twenty years now. I was using inks and watercolours before I started my card making and stamping journey so it’s no wonder they feel normal to me. Learning new products and techniques is paying off but it did take time and a lot of mistakes too. I’ve always enjoyed learning new things and when I learn new things it makes me look at my other knowledge and skills in a different way too. What’s happening for me is that I’m blending the new mediums and techniques with the older ones and it’s finally paying off, at last. I hope you are learning and enjoying just as much too! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x
Stamp & Stencil:
Tim Holtz Flourish stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Spellbinders large classic circles die set
Crafters Companion Downton Abbey Orate Frame die set
Heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; brayer; palette knife
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card; Velvet paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine IP: black
Distress Oxide IP: Wilted Violet
Acrylic paints: black; buff; brown; pink
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Grunge
Pebeo white gesso
DecoArt Sand Texture Paste
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape