Allsorts Challenge #433 Feels Like Autumn
I used two of your beautiful hummingbirds to embellish my canvas.
3. I watered down my DecoArt Primary Magenta mixed media fluid and coloured the background. It was a little too pale so I grabbed some silver acrylic paint to add some metallic highlights and left to dry.
4. I attached the number stencil with and used Primary Magenta with an ink blending tool and foam and stencilled the numbers over the whole thing.
5. Once dry I re-attached the flourish stencil and used a blend of silver acrylic paint and Titan Buff to colour the texture paste (I’m trying to create my own metallic paints as I’m awaiting an order of them but I really wanted to play).
6. I stamped the dogwood rose four times onto white snippets and coloured the roses with watered down Primary Magenta and the leaves with Brusho Leaf Green. I love that deep rich red colour of the roses. Once dry I fussy cut two of the roses with leaves and two of the roses only. I applied a layer of Ranger Crackle Glossy Accents to the roses without leaves and once dry I decoupaged the crackled roses using silicon glue gel so that they have depth.
7. On another project I altered a piece of white card by attaching a stencil with Washi tape and applying a layer of black Dreamweaver embossing paste. I removed the stencil then randomly sprinkled three different colours of UTEE onto the black paste and left it to dry overnight. The next day I used my heat tool to melt the UTEE.
8. I coloured this snippet with Blue-Black Pebeo Dyna Interference acrylic paint to darken it and I adhered it onto the board. Once the glue was dry I coloured the torn edge of it with watered down MM fluid.
9. I adhered the decoupaged dogwood roses with the stems tucked under the UTEE card.
10. I retrieved two beautiful chipboard hummingbirds (thank you so much Creative Embellishments). Normally I would add a layer of gesso to the birds but I knew I wanted to use the Pebeo Dyna interference and I know that worlds better on dark surfaces. So I coloured the chipboard birds with Pebeo Dyna interference.
11. I retrieved one of my air dry clay hummingbirds and coloured him with my Luminarte H2O watercolour paints. Once dry I randomly splodged Pebeo Dyna iridescent with my fingers, yep I’m finally loving the acrylics, so I used my fingers to colour my air dry clay bird lol!
12. I used my huge tattered florals die to cut six layers of patterned paper to create the beautiful blousy rose and used snippets of green patterned paper for the leaves.
13. I sprayed the huge die cut flowers and leaves with water and scrunched them up in my hand and left them to dry overnight.
14. The next day I prepared my Twinkling H2O watercolours and flattened the two die cut flowers that were going to be at the very top of the flower stack and I coloured the reverse of them with H2O’s because they were white. Once the paint had dried I used a bone folder and an embossing tool to heavily curl the two petals.
15. I flattened the rest of the flowers and leaves then lightly curled the ends of both of them. I put the flowers in the order that I was going to use at the end and made a large hole with my pokey tool.
16. I threaded several strands of pearl stamens through all the layers of flowers and added a splodge of glue to the back. I also added another piece of paper over the top of the stamen threads and left it to dry.
17. I figured out the rest of the layout then attached everything and this canvas was finished!