Tuesday, 7 November 2017
Mixed Media Christmas Tag #2 ...
Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I had so much fun creating the tag I shared yesterday that I decided I had to create another but this time in a totally different colour scheme and here it is …
I am so happy with this one too, lovely depth of colour and awesome shimmer
Lots of lovely depth and texture
I managed to photograph some of that awesome texture
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Country View Crafts Challenge Stencils
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge #358 Anything Goes
Scrapy Land Challenge #77 Anything Goes
I used Spellbinders dies
I had an A5 piece of red coloured card in my stash that I had coloured with watercolours. It was a bit too brash for my liking and I knew I could alter it to create a background that was more appealing to me and here’s how I created this tag:
1. Coloured card with deep red watercolour paint.
2. Attached the Simon Says Stamp wave stencil to the card and used Faded Jeans Distress Oxide over the red. I love, love, love the deep purple that the blue ink over the red watercolour has created.
3. I dried the ink and added Cosmic Shimmer texture paste to all the edges with a palette knife and I put it to one side to dry.
4. Searching through my snippets I found some green card that had been coloured with Brusho watercolour crystals. I die cut three circles and then attached the die cuts to the stencil and applied texture paste and I put them to one side to dry.
5. Searching through my ribbons I found some silver metallic like ribbon which was perfect for my baubles.
6. In my snippets bag I had some silver fabric like paper, at least it looks like fabric on the back but it is paper, I used that to create the caps for the top of the baubles.
7. I coloured some other ribbon with the Oxide ink and lightly dried the ribbon to set the ink. I tied it into bows that I stuck onto the baubles. I positioned the silver paper to look like caps on top of the baubles and attached them with the ribbons to my tag.
8. Several shop bought embellishments finished the tag off nicely lol!
I’m trying to get the last of our Christmas cards finished this month and creating some tags as well as I know it’s as usual going to be manic in December. The two presents I ordered last week arrived at the weekend so that is a bonus. I just have to get a lot more done soon lol. I am very, very grateful for online shopping generally but most especially this time of year. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x
Stamp &/ Stencil:
Simon Says Stamp Wave stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus
Spellbinders Classic Large Circle die set
Heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; palette knife; Craftwork Cards tag template; ink blending tool and foam
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card; silver paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide IP: Faded Jeans
Craftwork Cards Flowers
Ribbons from my stash
Pearl from my stash
Cosmic Shimmer texture paste
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape