Friday, 15 December 2017
December Mixed Media Tag #1 ...
Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one and you have lovely weekend plans – keep yourself nice and warm. I needed a break from Christmas crafting so it seemed a really good idea to get out a lovely new stamp and die to play with and along the way I managed to use multiple snippets too and here is the end result …
It was nice to create a non Christmas project
Lots of depth and texture
All the details
The beautiful lady
A final look
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge TIMI Anything Goes
Love to Create Challenge #3 Mixed Media Anything Goes
Mix It Up Challenge Blog MIUCB#8 Anything Goes
Rubber Dance Art Stamps Challenge Colour Challenge
Scrapy Land Challenge #79 Anything Goes
I used Crafters Companion dies
With the exception of the base layer everything I used on this tag was from my coloured cards and papers or white snippets bags. Here’s my very quick steps:
1. I stamped the image with Versafine and quickly blasted it with my heat tool then I coloured her with Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens.
2. The background around her was coloured with Distress ink pads tapped onto a plastic sheet and then I coloured the beautiful shade of blue. I put the stamped and coloured panel to one side to dry whilst I got on with the other parts.
3. On top of the tag I used a background snippet from another project. I attached the Prima harlequin stencil to white card and then applied DecoArt Crackle paint or paste to it and left it to dry. I coloured this piece using Distress inks and put it aside to dry.
4. When I started to gather all the parts together I noticed that there was a big splat of white acrylic on the stamped dancing lady’s face, grr, so I stamped and watercoloured her again and left that to dry.
5. I dipped into my coloured snippets of backgrounds and found enough to die cut the pink hearts, the blue petals and the green leaves. I glued the petals and leaves together to create a flower and added a pearly embellishment in the centre.
6. I tore the edges of the crackle background and the stamped dancing lady then I wrapped some ribbon around the dancing lady panel and added a pretty bow. I fussy cut the second dancing lady and glued her to the stamped panel using Collall 3D glue gel.
7. I coloured my wooden leaves with Distress inks which I tapped onto a sheet of plastic. I added a little gold over the top of one of the leaves so that it has lovely shimmer and I left that to dry.
8. On the tag I glued the crackle background, the die cut hearts, the decoupaged dancing lady and then the blue flower. I left it to dry for a bit then I glued the plastic dangling bits to the bottom of the dancing lady which has added movement – something for me to do again!
9. My final step was to glue the coloured wooden leaves onto the tag and I used Collall 3D glue gel to stick them on: finished!
It seems daft to say but I loved creating this and I had so much fun too. I knew that I wanted multiple elements on the tag and the struggle for me is usually trying to get them all to work together. I think that it worked more easily this time because I tried to keep to a minimal colour palette of blue, peach and pink. There are different shades of blue and pink yet, luckily for me, it worked and I love the end result. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x
Stamp &/ Stencil:
Rubber Dance Art Stamps: Dancing Woman
Prima Finnabair Elementals 6.5” x 10.25”: Harlequin stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Leonie Pujol Mixed Media dies: All the Love
Sheena Douglass: Pointed Petals die set
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; palette knife
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine ink pad: black
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens: 2017 Christmas Holiday edition
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary
DecoArt crackle paint
Collall all purpose glue
Collall 3D glue gel
Double sided tape