Friday, 26 January 2018
A Concord & 9th Tag ...
Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well and you have lovely plans for the weekend. I have been playing with another new set of stamps for the last couple of days and here is the first tag I have created with these stamps ...
It is just about 15 cm long
And it's appropriate that it is a sparkly tag
He is really beautiful!
Lots of lovely shimmer and shine in a distressed way!
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Country View Crafts Challenge Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar Challenge Mythical Creatures
Scrapy Land Challenge #82 Anything Goes
I used Sizzix and Tutti Designs dies
Anything Goes with a Stencil not a card
1. I stamped the unicorn onto white card and the Magic onto a die cut tag using Versafine black then dried.
2. I coloured the unicorn’s tail and mane using Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens.
3. I coloured the unicorns body using Luminarte H2O watercolours, emphasising where the muscles and shadows and I coloured the die cut tag too then left to dry.
4. Using white card I die cut the stitched banner then I started to add layers of Spectrum Noir AquaTint until I achieved the rich pink/purple shade. I splattered the banner with some gold AquaTint too then left to dry.
5. I glued the patterned paper to a piece of white card which I cut into a tag shape.
6. I attached the stencil to coloured banner and tapped the Versamark ink pad through part of the pattern. I removed the stencil and added the embossing powder.
7. I used the Versamark ink pad to tap around the outside edges of the hand cut tag and added the embossing powder.
8. I used my heat tool to melt the embossing powder.
9. I fussy cut the unicorn and put to one side.
10. I then layered everything together, using 3D glue gel for the unicorn.
Along with the new stamps this embossing powder is a new addition to my arsenal of supplies and I am looking forward to playing with it much more as the look and feel is unlike any embossing powder I have seen or used before. I have an inkling that I am going to have a lot of fun with this Fractured Ice lol! I’ll be back tomorrow with another tag I’ve created with these stamps, I’ve set myself the task of using each new stamp set twice and each project I create with these stamps needs to be different to the first. Today’s tag is my attempt at a distressed look with this stamp set and I love it! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x
Stamp &/ Stencil:
Concord & 9th stamp set: Unicorn Awesomeness
Stamplorations Stamps: Confetti Circles stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Tutti Designs Stitched Nesting Banners dies
Sizzix Sizzlets tag die
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; anti static pad
Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Snow White Gold Accent card
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Patterned paper from my stash
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine IP: Black
Emerald Creek: Fractured Ice EP
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Essentials; Beautifully Grunge
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens: Holiday 2016 set
Luminarte H2O watercolours
Collall 3D glue gel
Double sided tape