Saturday, 20 January 2018
In Flight ...
Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. I have been using my new stamps and older stamps to create some scenes and here is one of the cards I’ve created …
I enjoyed creating a large card
You can see it has depth
All the details
It's a beautiful bird stamp
I managed to capture some of the shimmer on the feathers
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Ally’s Angels Challenge #1 Anything Goes
Country View Crafts Challenge Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Birds of a Feather
I followed the sketch with the exception of the sentiment, I put on LHS
That’s Crafty Challenge Feeling Blue
The Artistic Stamper Challenge Anything Goes
One of my other goals/aims this year is to create projects with multiple stamps and multiple brands. I like that a lot of the stamps I have won or purchased/purchased for me this year will all work together. I’ve always loved creating landscapes with stamps and in fact it was that idea that first got me into creating cards for my husband. But it has only been recently that I’ve started to experiment with using multiple stamp designs and multiple brands on one project. I don’t why I had not done this in the past but at least I’m realising it now lol!
1. I roughly painted a blue sky with watered down acrylic paints and left that to dry before applying watered down acrylic paint for the greenery. Once this base layer was dry I was able to start adding stamped grasses and areas of shade using inks and watercolours to do so.
2. I used the trees from the Reindeer Flight set again, that wasn’t planned it just happened as they were out on my desk.
3. Once the landscape was finished I stamped and heat embossed the in flight bird onto the landscape and onto a snippet.
4. I coloured the snippet with watercolour pencils and my beloved Caran D’ache wax crayons and left that to dry.
5. Then I decided to create a bigger than usual card so that I have a few of these ready and waiting to be used for birthdays or other occasions. I used a Stamplorations stencil and light blue acrylic paint to add details to a piece of light blue paper, I covered the whole piece and left that to dry.
6. I distressed the stencilled blue paper then glued onto the card base.
7. I distressed the stamped landscape and glued that in position before gluing the stamped and coloured bird using 3D glue gel. I wanted it to look like the bird is about to capture his lunch lol!
My final step was to play around with several die cuts to add further detail and embellishment to this card. The card does have quite a bit of depth because of the added embellishments so I checked and it will post through second class large if needed. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x
Stamp &/ Stencil:
Tim Holtz Reindeer Flight stamp set
Prima Bloom: Birds stamp set
Stamp Addicts: Dottiness Cloud
LB Crafts Fern Branch stamp
Stamplorations Stamps: Confetti Circles stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Tim Holtz Feather Bigz & Textured Impressions die and embossing folder set
Crafters Companion Leonie Pujol: In a Spin mixed media die
Whimsy Stamps: Celebrate die set
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card/Craft UK 200mm square card
Blue pearl paper
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card for stamping the decoupage bird & die cutting the feathers; Kraft card for the die cut sentiment
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Pebeo acrylic paints: blue; green for the landscape
Pebeo Dyna Inteference acrylic paint: Iridescent copper for the feathers
Caran D’ache Neo Color II water soluble crayons
Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils
Prima Finnabair Alchemy Acrylic: Metallique Emerald Green
Luminarte H2O watercolours: lilac; peach; purple
Distress ink pads: Shabby Shutters; Bundled Sage; Mowed Lawn
Cosmic Shimmer detail gold EP
Feather & ribbon from my stash
Collall all purpose glue
Collall 3D glue gel
Double sided tape