Friday, 9 February 2018
Baked Texture #1 ...
Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one and you have lovely plans for the weekend. A while back I was the lucky winner at Emerald Creek and one of the items I chose for my prize was the Fractured Ice textured embossing powder. I’m just getting about to experimenting with it and here is the first card I’ve created that has a background of this awesome powder …
An A5 Valentine
Lots of lovely texture
Such a beautiful flower stamp
All the yummy details
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Emerald Creek Dares Lucky or In Love I’m in a lovey dovey mood
Frilly & Funkie Challenge All You Need is Love
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Love is in the Air
There are a lot of elements and a lot of different processes used to create each of the layers on this card and I’m not going to do a huge long post so here’s my precise:
1. Bottom layer I attached a stencil to a piece of A4 card and coloured through that with Distress paint.
2. I attached the same stencil to another piece of card and tapped through with my Versamark ink pad. I removed the stencil and then addded the Fractured Ice embossing powder.
3. I heat the embossing powder and added another layer, I want deep texture lol! Once cool I coloured the card with Luminarte H2O watercolours.
4. I stamped and watercoloured the branches and onto a die cut banner and I used colouring pencils to add shadows.
5. I stamped and heat embossed the rose onto a snippet of white card and coloured with watercolour pencils and colouring pencils to add shadows.
6. I had a partly die cut heart from another project and I die cut the sentiment from another snippet that had already been coloured with inks.
7. I played around with all the differet parts and trimmed some before adding them to this. I tied a bow with the ribbon and glued that and another die cut to embellish.
Long story short you really really need this stuff if you are in to creating texture or mixed media. It’s not like any other embossing powder or ultra thick embossing powder that I have used before and I think I’m in loves! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x
Stamp &/ Stencil:
Simon Says Stamps: SSS101703 More Spring Flowers & SSS101660 Winter Flowers stamp sets
Prima Finnanbair Elementals 6.5” x 10.25”: Harlequin stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Tutti Designs Stitched Banner die set
Crafters Companion Die’sire: With Love die
Crafters Companion Sara Davis Shabby Chic Signature Range: Filigree flourish
Crafters Companion Leonie Pujol range: Funky Heart Base & Lovely Bubbles Heart Overlay dies
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; spray bottlle of water; paper stumps
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Crafters Companion A4 Linen card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine IP: black
Faber Castell Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils
Faber Castell Polychromo pencils: Carmine; Permanent Carmine; Permanent Green; Pine Green
Emerald Creek: Fractured Ice embossing powder
Cosmic Shimmer Gold Detail embossing powder
Luminarte H2O watercolours: deep red
Distress paint: Barn Door; Worn Lipstick
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape