Sunday, 11 February 2018
Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. As I had my Simon Says Stamps stamp sets out I grabbed my Simon Says Stamp stencil and here is the end result …
An A5 card
Lots of lovely texture and depth
The beutiful tulip stencil
I captured some of the shimmer!
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Addicted-to-Stamps-Challenge #161 Have a Heart
Allsorts Challenge #454 Love is in the Air
Country View Crafts Challenge Anything But Cute
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Love is in the Air
That’s Crafty Challenge I Heart You
Everything on this card is snippets or left overs from other projects. Here’s how:
1. I previously created an A4 background using one of my other stencils and texture paste. Once the texture paste was dry I used Distress paints to colour the card. The first piece of this was used a while back and this has been in my snippets bag ready and waiting to be used..
2. I used my Leonie Funky Heart to die cut a heart from the red and texture paste hearts background. I used that heart on my Baked Texture 1 card.
3. I used several other snippets to die cut the Bubbly Heart overlay die from and I die cut extra bubbles to use that card up.
4. I used a white stamping card snippet and attached the stencil to that then used my watercolour pencils to draw and then colour the tulips. This bit took me ages because I wanted the to have shade but light, I know what I mean but can’t explain it well lol! For a change I’m happy with the end result lol!
5, I thought there was something missing on the stencilled panel so I grabbed one of my Paperbabe stamp sets and added some lovely red stamped hearts.
6. I die cut the With Love and then played around with the layout of the card, adding the heart frame die cuts using 3D glue gel.
Thankfully this didn’t take too much time because most of the elements were in my snippets bag ready and waiting to be used. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x
Stamp &/ Stencil:
Simon Says Stamp: SSST121354 Bouquet of Flowers stencil
Paperbabe Stamps: Pieridae set (the little hearts)
Stampin’ Up Heart stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Leonie Pujol range: Funky Heart Base & Lovely Bubbles Heart Overlay dies
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Butterfly Lullaby range: With Love die
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; palette knife; spray bottle of water
Crafters Companion A4 Linen Finish 300gsm card
Snippets: Sheena’s White Stamping Card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Faber Castell Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils
Distress paint: Barn Door
Distress IP: Barn Door
Little Things from Lucy’s Cards: Fall Sequin mix
Cosmic Shimmer texture paste
Collall all purpose glue
Collall 3D glue gel