Tuesday, 17 April 2018
Black, white and one other
Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I’ve had an experimental stamping session layering stamped images and I added a little stencilling detail in at the end for a change and here is what I created …
An A5ish tag
Lots of lovely texture and details
All the details
The beautiful stamp
The final look
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #463 Spring Flowers
Artastic Challenge April Black, White & One Other
Penny Black & More Challenge Black, White & One Other
Penny Black Saturday Challenge Anything Goes optional spring flowers
Here’s my steps:
1. Cut A4 card to A5.
2. Ink up an old background stamp with Pumice Stone Distress ink pad and cover the whole piece, inking up in between each stamping.
3. I dried the ink.
4. I put the Penny Black cling stamp into my MISTI and I inked up the branches and leaves with a black felt tip pen and I stamped the image. The felt tip had dried so I lightly sprayed it with water and stamped again and it worked beautifully.
5. I carefully removed the background card from the MISTI and dried the stamped image. I returned the card to the MISTI.
6. Very gently and very carefully I cleaned the Penny Black stamp with a baby wipe and then inked up the stamp with Twinkling H2O watercolour and I stamped it. Again the paint had dried a little bit so I sprayed the stamp with water and stamped again and achieved lovely pink blossoms.
7. I removed the card from the MISTI and dried the stamped image. I returned the card to the MISTI.
8. I cleaned the Penny Black stamp thorougly and repositioned it for where I wanted the second stamped image to go. I then followed steps 4-6 again, being very careful not to move or knock the stamp.
9. I removed the background card from the MISTI and dried the final stamped image.
10. I cut the tag to size then I used ink blending tool and foam along with Pumice Stone Distress ink on all of the edges. I lightly sprayed the whole tag with a layer of water and then dried it immediately.
11. I attached the Penny Black stencil to the tag and added Rock Candy Distress Crackle paint through the stencil and left it to dry.
12. I tied a Bakers Twine bow, glued it in position and then added three white sequins and three white pearls and the tag was finished.
I learnt from the steps of creating this tag. The felt tip ink spread a lot more rapidly than I expected, however, thankfully I had a tissue ready to mop the excess water. In the end I actually love how the felt tip ink has spread out and how it looks – it works perfectly for my oriental inspired tag lol! I stamped the background with a light ink and then overstamped with another stamp – oh my goodness why have I never tried that before!?!! It’s gorgeous and gives so much more depth. The final thing I learnt was to not leave it so long in between bouts of using open tubs of paste or crackle paste as it has a habit of drying up lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x
Stamp &/ Stencil:
Penny Black 40-535 Magnolia Rhapsody halftone slapstick cling stamp
Penny Black Intertwined 4” x 7” stencil
La Blanche silicone script stamp
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; spray water bottle; ink blending tool & foam
Card &/ Paper &/ Substrates:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress IP: Pumice Stone
Black Felt Tip pen
Twinkling H2O watercolour
White half pearls
Rock Candy Distress Crackle paint
Collall all purpose glue