Sunday, 1 April 2018
Guest Design Team at Country View Crafts ...
Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. This is the first of two posts from me today and that’s because I was lucky enough to receive the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team at Country View Crafts for their Pimp It Up April challenge and here is my project …
An artists palette with brushes and a great quote
Lots of texture and depth
The awesome Paperbabe quote
The texture and colours of paint
The bright white sparkly paintbrushes
A final look
Luckily for me I can also enter these Challenges
Love to Create Challenge #7 Mixed Media Anything Creative Goes
I created this is for my craft room after it’s been spring cleaned
I have over the last year or so saved several old paintbrushes that I thought I might be able to upcycle and that’s where the idea for this project came about. The paint palette and decorative frame were both prize winnings and once I had the three paintbrushes I knew they would be perfect for this project. Here’s how:
1. Paint the palette with buff acrylic paint, two coats.
2. Once dry I used my That’s Crafty mini circle stencil to add four small circles of texture paste and one larger circle of texture paste.
3. Once dry I used my Tim Holtz woodgrain stencil and Vintage Photo ink pad to add the texture of woodgrain to my paint palette. I used my heat tool to make sure the ink was dry.
4. Colour the large circle white, the smaller circles blue, red, yellow and black. Mix a little red and blue paint to add a little purple between the blue and red paint. Then do the same with red and yellow to add a little orange between them. I had created a paint palette with paint on it.
5. I painted the decorative edge frame with a pale blue acrylic paint and once dry I stamped the sentiment onto it and dried it with a heat tool.
6. I glued together three very mucky and tatty brushes and once the glue had dried painted them with white acrylic and left them to dry.
7. Once the brush handles were dry I covered the bristles with matt medium and then sprinkled glitter onto them. My tatty old paintbrushes are sparkly and new again lol!
This piece is going in my craft room where I can see it. It is to remind me to practice my drawing and my painting. I’ll never be a great artist but I will be a happy doodler lol! Thank you so much Country View Crafts for asking me to Guest Design Team – I really really enjoyed it! I also want to thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x
Stamp &/ Stencil:
Paperbabe Stamps: To Draw stamp
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: THS023 Woodgrain
That’s Crafty Dinky stencil: TC063 Bubbly All Over
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; palette knife
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine IP: black
Distress IP: Vintage Photo
DecoArt Americana acrylic paints: black; blue; brown; buff; red; white; yellow
Pebeo matt medium
Pebeo texture paste
Collall all purpose glue