Sunday, 8 April 2018
Happy Birthday #1 ...
Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. I have a birthday card to share with you today and here it is …
An A5 card
It has lovely texture and depth
All the yummy details
The truly beautiful stamps
A final look
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Frilly & Funkie Challenge Blooming Marvellous
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge A trio of something:
I used stamped three flowers, three stems and three leaves,
I used three dimensional embellishments, I emphasised three corners (two with metal corners and one with twine)
1. I stamped the flowers onto a white snippet then coloured them with my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens. I am, unusually, very happy with how they turned out lol! It’s not perfect colouring but it’s not bad either so I’m more than happy with that.
2. I left the stamped flowers to dry overnight because I didn’t want any of the paint or ink to run and therefore ruin my water colouring.
3. I coloured the background of the panel the next day and once dry I trimmed it to size.
4. I have used several old embellishment that I recently relocated, they are like a three dimensional flower and when I was looking for a background piece for the the coloured flowers I found this snippet of patterned paper which I remembered came with the dimensional flowers: really lucky find at the right time too!
5. I die cut the sentiment from another white snippet and coloured that with the sparkle pens too.
6. I also recently re-located these forgotten metal corner embellishments and my twine so they are perfect additions to my card.
It is a fussy birthday card but I am very happy with it. Using up old embellishments and snippets of patterned paper and card are some of the things that make me happy lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x
Stamp &/ Stencil:
Simon Says Stamp: More Spring Flowers stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Die’sire: With Love die
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette
Card &/ Paper &/ Substrates:
Crafters Companion A4 White Linen card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card; patterned paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine IP: Jet Black
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens: 2017 Holiday set
Distress paint: platinum
3D self adhesive flowers
Bakers Divine Twine
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape