Tuesday, 16 October 2018
Guest Design Team at Crafts Dreamy Challenge ...
Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I’m very honoured today to be a Guest Design Team member at the Crafts Dreamy Challenge. My huge thanks to Zowie and the rest of the Design Team – I am very honoured! Anyways I received a photograph of the inspiration board on which to base my project on, if you want to see the board go over to the Crafts Dreamy Challenge. Here is my project …
A 150mm square canvas
It has lots of lovely texture and depth
All the stamped and embellishments details
The boys and embellishments
A final look
Luckily for me I can also enter these Challenges
Country View Crafts Challenge Plant-tastic
Frilly & Funkie Challenge Haunted Halloween
Love to Create Challenge #13 MMAG
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Starry Night
That’s Crafty Challenge Spookalicious
Visible Image Stamps Challenge on Facebook share your projects with VI stamps
On the inspiration board I was inspied by the photograph of family members, the pumpkins photograph, and there is a little image of a cobweb on tree branches and that really inspired me to go a bit spooky!
Here’s how I created this canvas:
1. Added a thin layer of gesso to the canvas using a brayer.
2. I used Visible Image Into the Woods stamp set to stamp the first tree line, using acrylic paint as the ink, and stamped the trees midway up the canvas then I dried the paint with my heat tool.
3. I used the second tree line, using darker acrylic paints as the ink, to stamp the next tree line and I used my heat tool to dry the paint.
4. I inked up the bare lone tree with brown acrylic paint and stamped the tree in position. I dried the paint with my heat tool
5. I then coloured the foreground and the sky. I left the paint to dry naturally whilst I got on with other projects.
6. I painted three wooden toadstools with acrylic paint.
7. Once the sky was dry I added more colour using Pebeo Dyna inteference paints to add Northern Lights.
8. I played with the embellishments until I came up with a layout that I was happy with and then stuck them in position.
I have to admit that when I started out with the inspiration board I did not plan to go the Halloween route, lol, I don’t normally create Halloween but for some reason the black and white photograph of people, the pumpkins photograph and the cobweb in branches led me down the Halloween path. I hope the lovely ladies are happy with my take on their challenge and once again my huge thanks to all of you: Zowie, Aditi and Sunila, Zahraa, Henriette, Maryvonne, Christina and Priya. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x
Stamp &/ Stencil:
Visible Image Into the Woods stamp set
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; spray water bottle
Card &/ Paper &/ Substrates:
150mm square canvas
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
DecoArt Americana Multi Surface Satin Acrylic Paint: Zinc; Night Sky; Milk Chocolate; Espresso; Green Beret; Sand
Pebeo Dyna inteference acrylic paint: Blue Black; Blue Green; Green Yellow
Tim Holtz Idea-Ology: Pumpkins; Quote Chips; Paper Dolls
Pebeo white gesso
Colall purpose glue